Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS - Replace IP Subnet with Single IP's

dcraige27
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I have been charged with a task to create individual entries in our ACS for each of our network devices. I am new to the ACS and the documentation does not seem to cover this scenario. Right now we have all our devices fall under a single subnet.

When I try to create a device within the subnet, it tells me IP subnets overlap with those defined for device.

If I try to change the existing IP Subnet to an IP range so I can exclude some devices from the IP Subnet, it tells me I cannot switch from IP Mask mode to IP Range mode.

I am guessing I need to delete the the record for the IP subnet and add each device back individually. My concern is that none of my devices will work until I add each one back.

Is this correct or is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks,

DC

2 Replies 2

stojanr
Level 1
Level 1

You can configure the default network device with the same settings ad your subnet, remove the subnet definition and re-add the hosts one by one. You can also use file import to reduce time.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

May the link below help you out :-

http://www.extraxi.com/PDFs/Cisco%20DCS%20white%20paper.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: