cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Software Lifecycle

dohogue
Level 1
Level 1

Does any have a link to or know of the amount of time there is usually between Releases?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACS 5.8 was the last major software release by Cisco. The patches for existing major software are still coming and the usual time between 2 patches is 6-8 weeks unless there is some last minutes ask / enhancement. What specific patch date are you looking for?

~ Jatin

~Jatin

View solution in original post

so if I look at release date of ACS 5.8 (sep 2015), ACS 5.7 (may 2015) , ACS 5.6 (sep 2014) & ACS 5.5 (Nov 2013)...there is no specific trend if we talk about major release. It totally depends on the number & impact of features along with fixed caveats. You may check the date yourself here

Look for ACS FCS official Version release date.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACS 5.8 was the last major software release by Cisco. The patches for existing major software are still coming and the usual time between 2 patches is 6-8 weeks unless there is some last minutes ask / enhancement. What specific patch date are you looking for?

~ Jatin

~Jatin

No specific patches. Just looking for the time frame between patches which you say is 6 to 8 weeks. That is great. Do you happen to know the time frame between . Releases and Major releases? The purpose is to create an ongoing project to update Cisco Software on a regular basis, once a year or twice a year what ever. Need to get hold of our software lifecycle we are so far behind. Thanks

so if I look at release date of ACS 5.8 (sep 2015), ACS 5.7 (may 2015) , ACS 5.6 (sep 2014) & ACS 5.5 (Nov 2013)...there is no specific trend if we talk about major release. It totally depends on the number & impact of features along with fixed caveats. You may check the date yourself here

Look for ACS FCS official Version release date.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Thank you very much. That was the info I was looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: