Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Upgrade in VMWare

rcoote5902_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

About a year ago we were doing an evaluation of ACS 5.0 in VMWare and decided to purchase it.  I applied the license to our eval build and continued some lab testing with it.  Some other projects came up and ACS was never put into production, in fact that VM had been powered down for about the last 6 months.

So, now we are looking at dusting it off and actually using it.  The VM is running 5.0.0.21 but the build still says B.2803.EVAL.

I was thinking it might simply be easier for me to just build a new VM from scratch and with the current version of ACS 5.2 or 5.3 (although I see there are issues with 5.3?).

I have a couple of questions...with our original purchase of CSACS-5-BASE-LIC do we have any entitlement to upgrade to 5.2 or 5.3?

Also, is there anything funky involved in re-applying the license key to a new VM?

Thanks!

Rob

1 Reply 1

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

A license purchased for ACS 5.0 can be used for ACS 5.3 and would recommend to build ACS 5.3 from scratch

There have been some issues reported on threads related to ACS 5.3 but seem more related to upgrade and would not apply to a clean install

An ACS 5.3 ISO can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html?mdfid=282372752&i=rm

and then select option for 5.3