cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Another kind of error, upgrading Cisco ISE 1.1.4patch3 to 1.2

hmportalandreas
Level 1
Level 1

I'm failing to upgrade our distributed ISE environment of 3 nodes.

Using ise-upgradebundle-1.1.x-to-1.2.0.899.i386.gz, MD5 sum is verified.

All nodes are running 1.1.4 patch 3 and the cluster is in sync.

Trying to upgrade secondary admin node first and get this error:

Save the current ADE-OS running configuration? (yes/no) [yes] ?

Generating configuration...

Saved the ADE-OS running configuration to startup successfully

Initiating Application Upgrade...

% Warning: Do not use Ctrl-C or close this terminal window until upgrade completes.

STEP 1: Stopping ISE application...

STEP 2: De-registering node from current deployment.

% Error: De-registering node from current deployment failed.

Starting application after rollback...

% Warning: Do the following steps to revert node to its pre-upgrade state.

-Ensure that node is still present in current deployment from Primary UI, if not present register this node back again.

error: %post(CSCOcpm-os-1.2.0-899.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

2 Replies 2

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

please take a backup of your 1.1.4 database, include certs, and any custom profiling policies...etc (basically follow the release notes). Then reimage the box to 1.2 and restore your 1.1.4 database, ISE 1.2 can now detect the older version of db and will upgrade it. I tried the same upgrade 3 times before I went this route and it worked flawlessly.

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Upgrading a Distributed Deployment to Cisco ISE, Release 1.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide_chapter_011.html

States that

Before You Begin

• If  you do not have a secondary Administration node in the deployment,  configure one Policy Service node to be the secondary Administration  node before beginning the upgrade process.

Upgrade the secondary Administration node  from the CLI.

The  upgrade process automatically deregisters Node Secondary Admin Node from the deployment  and upgrades it to Release 1.2. Node Secondary Admin Node becomes the primary node of the  new deployment when it restarts. Because each deployment requires at  least one Monitoring node, the upgrade process enables the Monitoring  persona on Node B even if it was not enabled on this node in the old  deployment. If the Policy Service persona was enabled on Node B in the  old deployment, this configuration is retained after upgrading  to t

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: