cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone rolled out 802.1x supplicant in a large Microsoft AD environment?

cbelcher
Level 1
Level 1

Morning all, anyone have any suggestions how I can rollout Microsoft's native 802.1x supplicant to a large number of PC's.  I've got ISE and serveral different versions of Windows (xp, 7) working in a lab, but not being a Microsoft AD guy I'm kind of clueless how to pull this off.  Can it been done via a group policy?  If so has anyone got a good document how to pull this off? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is really simple, you can follow the guide here in the technet kb:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/7220c686-e033-4903-b40e-bf3b7e581d05

There are other threads that can show you how to do this on the wireless side as well. Make sure the AD guys set the correct eap types (peap or eap-tls) and you should be good to go.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ROBERT ELLENDER
Level 1
Level 1

We rolled it out using Group Policy to enable the native supplicant on Win XP SP 3 and Win 7 and set the appropriate options for our ISE implementation.  (It was actually done by our Server/AD Engineers - so I don't have any details on the "magic" they perform - but it is being done through Group Policy)

Well it's good to know that I don't need to touch 1500 pc's .  My AD guys can't even spell 802.1x and thus want me to come up with the "magic".  Thanks Robert! 

It is really simple, you can follow the guide here in the technet kb:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/7220c686-e033-4903-b40e-bf3b7e581d05

There are other threads that can show you how to do this on the wireless side as well. Make sure the AD guys set the correct eap types (peap or eap-tls) and you should be good to go.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Thanks Tarik!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: