Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM access with two factor authentication

ricardo1831
Level 1
Level 1

Support Community,

We have ASA5510s protecting the company voice networks that are only currently managed via the CLI. I've gone ahead and uploaded the relevant ASDM image to the device, unfortunately I can't log on to the ASDM as we use two-factor authentication. The information I've found so far advises that ASDM is not accessible when using two-factor authentication due to the way Java works, however the items I've been reading are 3/4 years old.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the more recent versions of code? Or if there are any workarounds?

Images we are using...

asa821-k8.bin

asdm-635.bin

Any assistance anyone can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ric

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ricardo1831 wrote:

Support Community,

We have ASA5510s protecting the company voice networks that are only currently managed via the CLI. I've gone ahead and uploaded the relevant ASDM image to the device, unfortunately I can't log on to the ASDM as we use two-factor authentication. The information I've found so far advises that ASDM is not accessible when using two-factor authentication due to the way Java works, however the items I've been reading are 3/4 years old.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the more recent versions of code? Or if there are any workarounds?

Images we are using...

asa821-k8.bin

asdm-635.bin

Any assistance anyone can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ric

Hi Ric,

I think  ASA Version 8.2(1)/ASDM Version 6.2(1)   supports One Time Password Support for ASDM Authentication.

Check out the below link for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asdm/6_2/user/guide/intro_platform.html

Hope to help !!

Regards

Ganeshh Iyer

Rate if it Help ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: