Helpful
Replies

Authentication and Authorization on FXOS Chassis

Chts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Could some one clarify me this, please?

Very soon I will configure TACACS+/Radius Authentication and Authorization for the

Firepower eXtensible Operating System (FXOS) chassis via Identity Services Engine (ISE), do I need to create same users in both RADIUS server and Locally? is this some limitation or latest version of FXOS overcome this?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The question is a bit vague. Can you give us some more context please? What is the end goal you are trying to achieve?

Hello Richard,

Thanks for looking into it, sorry for the uncertainty in the question.

I need to configure FXOS Chassis Authentication/Authorization for remote management via a remote RADIUS server only. However I have been advised that you need to create the same users locally on the chassis to use RADIUS Authentication/Authorization.

For example if one of the Network Admin users Authentication/Authorization by RADIUS is called John then I need to create a local user account for John on FXOS Chassis as well

This is not a feasible solution since there are too many accounts that use RADIUS Servers for Authentication/Authorization  and it would not be practical to create those users locally on the FXOS Chassis.

You might do well to ask this in a different part of the forum, this area is generally used for ISE type stuff, but your question is really more relevant to FirePower...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: