Views
Helpful
Replies

BYOD doubled certificate issued by CISCO ISE

piotrPaszk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing a challenge. Ones I am done with omboarding process via BYOD, Cisco ISE issues 2 certificates. One based on certificate template and second with SERIALNUMBER. This becomes to be a problem when I want to connect a device to the SSID with EAP-TLS as I must choose one of those. I would like to avoid such situation and get device to connect to the SSID automatically.

Please see the attached picture

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is expected for the iOS devices. But, ISE BYOD flow will pick the correct certificate to use during the onboarding process for supplicant configuration. However, there is a defect filed against it since both certificate could be used for authentication manually by user. I suggest filing a TAC SR and referencing CSCvn04298 (iOS onboarding creates two certificates with different valid date). The defect is not visible to the public.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Are you using NAM or native supplicant on your end nodes? I know with NAM via the NAM profile editor you can match on certificate criteria such as issuer or subject fields. This may give you the ability to automatically utilize the one specific certificate that you wish to use with eap-tls.

I am using native supplicant

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is expected for the iOS devices. But, ISE BYOD flow will pick the correct certificate to use during the onboarding process for supplicant configuration. However, there is a defect filed against it since both certificate could be used for authentication manually by user. I suggest filing a TAC SR and referencing CSCvn04298 (iOS onboarding creates two certificates with different valid date). The defect is not visible to the public.

Thanks for the tips :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: