Helpful
Replies

CCNP certification question

HiTmAn47
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I took my CCNP route exam on 28 April 2015 , 

So from my understanding I have to finish both Switching and TSHOOT exams before 27 April 2018 , 

I booked my Switching Exam on 7 April 2018 , 

So My two questions is ...

1- is 20 days are enough for TSHOOT exam or it's not manageable ? 

2- if I failed to pass the TSHOOT exam before 27 April .... I will have to repeat Route and Switching exam again ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,
You have to pass either SWITCH or TSHOOT. 20 days should be enough, depending on your experience of course.

EDIT: Correction, looks like you need to pass all 3 exams within a 3 year period.

I assume your CCNA will also expire on 27th April 2018 (unless you renewed it by taking another CCNA level exam). If it does expire then, well you'd have to retake that aswell.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,
You have to pass either SWITCH or TSHOOT. 20 days should be enough, depending on your experience of course.

EDIT: Correction, looks like you need to pass all 3 exams within a 3 year period.

I assume your CCNA will also expire on 27th April 2018 (unless you renewed it by taking another CCNA level exam). If it does expire then, well you'd have to retake that aswell.

HTH

Yes my CCNA will expire as well , 

But Iam still confused ... I thought I have to take all three exams within 3 years ...

So if in worst case scenario I passed Switching before 27th of April , but I failed to pass TShoot before 27th of April too .... what will happen ?

Apologies, yeah looks like you need to pass all 3 exams within a 3 year period.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/10694

Good luck

So if I pass Tshoot after 27 of April ... I will need to retake Routing exam again to certify for CCNP ...  right ?

I'd guess if you pass SWITCH on 7th April, it would renew your CCNA, so you wouldn't need to retake that.

If you don't pass TSHOOT before 27th April then yeah you'd probably have to retake ROUTE.

HTH and good luck :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: