cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDA (Context Directory Agent) Installation Error

michelramirez
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing CDA (Context Directory Agent) version 1.0.0.011 on VMware for the first time and I am running into the following error:

***** Virtual Machine Host detected...

***** Error: Unable to detect size of hard disk(s)

***** Exiting installation

Running halt...

After that the installation halts and it says "you may safely reboot your system". I've confirmed that everything is setup correctly in VMWware. I am using a mounted ISO to perform install on a blank virtual disk. Not sure if there is anything special that I need to configure in VMWare to get this to work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Garrett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With all of the minimum requirements met and the correct OS is selected, this issue has been seen when the SCSI controller is set to VM Paravirtual. When the SCSI controller is changed to LSI Logic Parallel, the issue is no longer seen and yields successful installation of CDA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

can you post a screenshot of your vm settings. also can you use the following as a reference. I also think there is a requirement regarding centos being set as the guest OS in the guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ibf/cda_10/Install_Config_guide/cda_install.html#wp1053078

Thanks,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Robert Garrett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With all of the minimum requirements met and the correct OS is selected, this issue has been seen when the SCSI controller is set to VM Paravirtual. When the SCSI controller is changed to LSI Logic Parallel, the issue is no longer seen and yields successful installation of CDA.

Sven Kutzer
Level 1
Level 1

Got the same Problem, with LSI Logic Parallel SCSI Controller.

My problem was the disk size, please note that this should be 30GB or more...

Regards,

Sven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: