Helpful
Replies

Changing IP Address in ISE

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

I have an ISE installed in VM. I tried to change the IP address and it seems to be stock right after the stopping of services. Do you know why?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Is there any error message you are getting? Please post

Procedure to Change IP Address

You have to login to the console, using ssh. Then you'll have a CLI to change the IP address or assign IP addresses to other interfaces. The ISE user guide section has a document describing the commands. Note: after changing the IP address the ISE application is restarted automatically.

John Capobianco
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue when we say "Y" to automatically cycle the services the CLI hangs and never returns. We left it for hours and we cant get the CLI back.

There is no other way even if we assign a new IP to a different NIC the services want to automatically restart and hangs.

No error no logging nothing

Did you get your issue resolved?

Ok so when the CLI 'hangs' or is 'stuck' at the very end of the process you can use CONTROL-C to 'kill' / terminate the session. This will get you back to the CLI from there you can then write mem and reload the box / application start ISE

Worked for me

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: