cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP address on ACS 5.3 and 5.5

y.lo
Level 1
Level 1

We are going to change IP address on 1121 (ACS 5.3) and 3415 (ACS 5.5) appliances.

Do we need to renew the server certificates on them? These certificates are issued by an external CA and are used for EAP-TLS client authentication.

3 Replies 3

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Daniel,

Changing the IP on the ACS will reset the management certificate.

usually certificates has DNS host names for CN and are reverse resolvable.

So, its better to get a new certificate, but changing it in the DNS server also works.

Regards

Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

I tried a number of operations on ACS, such as changing IP address, changing hostname, creating NIC bonding, and they all result in a message saying that a new http certificate will be created. Although I don't really understand why it needs to create a new one when creating NIC bonding.

Anyway, we need to relocate an 1121 appliance with ACS 5.3 and it needs to operate again in the same day. However, generating a new certificate with new IP address requires a few days. How can I handle this situation?

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, you need to renew the server certificate. ACS 5.5 allows you to send log messages or any traffic over a secure TCP connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: