cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco ACS 4.X upgrade to 5.X

Hi Guy's,

Has anyone had issues migrating ACS 4 to 5? Any gotchas would be really appreciated.       

Thanks

Jay

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate

Re: Cisco ACS 4.X upgrade to 5.X

Hi,

If you migrating appliance make sure you use vnc and Remote Desktop to run the migration script.

Thanks,

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi,

There is a migraiton guide that you can read before migration:

http://tiny.cc/xlqtvw

The actual migraiton process is to take backup from your current ACS 4.x and restore that backup to another machine running 4.x (the migration machine). on this migration machine you run the migration utility which will extract the data from ACS 4.x and convert and import it to the 5.x ACS.

NOT ALL DATA ARE SUPPORTED TO BE MIGRATED.

Elements not supported in the migration process: http://tiny.cc/kyqtvw

Usually in the migration I prefer to start the setup from scratch on the ACS 5.x without using the migration utility. I prepar a CSV files with the data I wan to import on the ACS 5.x (users, hosts, AAA devices...etc). I fill the CSV import files with the data from the ACS 4.x (writing them also manually but if you use MS Excel it will help you to fill most of them automatically). I then upload the file to the ACS 5.x.

I configure the AD or LDAP servers manually (if any) and also configure the policies as needed.

If you have no background about ACS 5.x and its configuration process you may better use the migration utility. But at some point you'll need to do some configuraiton on the ACS 5.x to reflect your needs sincs the migration utility will not import everything. (external DB, AD group mapping....etc all not supported for the migration so you'll do that manually anyway).

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Highlighted
Rising star