Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 5.7

calebmo12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question, I would like to migrate from ACS 5.5.0.46.1 to ACS 5.7 however Cisco says to install the mandatory patches but they don't stipulate what exactly is the mandatory patches ?

The ACS is installed in a virtual enviroment.

A clean install within for ACS 5.7 works however a migration from 5.5 to 5.7 and Cisco doesn't provide any solutions for a virtual ACS.

Thanks

Caleb

Senior Network Engineer
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Caleb,

ACS patches are commulative, so you can install patch 8 without installing any previous patch.

Regards,

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ivan Gonzalez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Caleb,

You can apply patch 8 or above on ACS 5.5  to move to 5.7 version.

Note: Please mark it as answered if applicable.

Thanks for the reply :)

Just patch 8 or patch 1 - 8 ?

Senior Network Engineer

Hi Caleb,

ACS patches are commulative, so you can install patch 8 without installing any previous patch.

Regards,

Ivangonz,

I've upgraded it to patch 8 and then migrated the vm to 5.7 and then it failed to boot. Any idea? should I rather upgrade to 5.6 then 5.7 ?

Thanks

Caleb

Senior Network Engineer

Hello Caleb,

Is your ACS running on VMware machine?

I Ivangonz, he is running a VM according to his previous post:

Ivangonz,

I've upgraded it to patch 8 and then migrated the vm to 5.7 and then it failed to boot. Any idea? should I rather upgrade to 5.6 then 5.7 ?

Hello,

thanks for the update.

The issue might be related to the Guest OS being used on VMware machine since as you can see, on ACS 5.7 is changes to be "other Linux 32-bit" to "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 64-bit"

So power off the machine, do the change and try to power on again.

Regards,

Thanks for all the input.

So what I did was I rebuilt the 5.5 VM on top of the new guest OS(Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 64-bit) and did the migration to 5.7 and it worked.

Thanks

Caleb

Senior Network Engineer