cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS5.3; differentiating between WebVPN and IPSEC Radius Authentications from a ASA

neil.moore
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Cisco ACS5.3 to authenticate users (using radius) for a cisco ASA firewall for both WebVPN and IPSEC client connections.  I have been able to do this successfully.  However I need to be able to deply Cisco vendor specific attributes (VSA) for both IPSEC and WebVPN sessions using authorisation profiles.   Ideally I don't want to have to combine the attributes required for both services in the same authorisation profile, as I will have to produce alot of different profiles for the different combinations.

The only way I can see that you could possibilly do this is by having service selection rules that can differentiate between WebVPN and IPSEC Radius authentication requests.  I have experimented inbound VSA's without success.  Is this possible?

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Neil,

Are you clients coming in through different tunnel groups? If so, you can create a compound condition where you can map the radius attribute: CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7.x-DAP-Tunnel-Group-Name in the authorization policy. If it equals the TG for webvpn send back the av-pair accordingly.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: