Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.1 On ESXi 5.0

Hello Everyone,

I have a very unusual issue with my installation of ISE on my VMWare ESXi 5.0 environment. I am not sure if anyone else has seen this error but whenever I issue the command "show application statuse ise" I get the following output;

ISE Database listener is running, PID: 13675

ISE Database is running, number of processes: 27

ISE Application Server is running, PID: 15163

ls: /opt/TimesTen/tt1121/lib/*.jar: No such file or directory

ISE M&T Session Database is not running.

ISE M&T Log Collector is running, PID: 15379

ISE M&T Log Processor is running, PID: 15457

ISE M&T Alert Process is running, PID: 15296

Not sure if this could be an issue with the use of VMWare ESXi 5.0 and not 4.1 or if something else is going on.

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shoaibkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Offically ISE only support 4.x Vmware. So I would say its the 5.0.

also try "application reset-config ise" ... if it doesn't fixes it then it is definitely 5.0

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

shoaibkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Offically ISE only support 4.x Vmware. So I would say its the 5.0.

also try "application reset-config ise" ... if it doesn't fixes it then it is definitely 5.0

Looks like that didn't work with resetting the config of the ISE. I will revert back to ESXi 4.1 and give it a shot.

Thank you very much. I will mark this thread as answered.

Thanks

Just wanted to throw a little update out there. After reverting to version ESXi 4.1 I would recieve the same error and also noticed i would get this error as soon as the mode of ISE would be set to Licensed.

It also indicates that it was successfully installed. Could this also be a corrupt ISO file?

Because after running "show application status ise" i still see those multiple errors about the *.jar file/directory not being found.

And again after using the "application reset-config ise" i get the following

Thanks

I have ISE 1.1 running in labs, and limited pilot's on ESX5 with no issue, i don't think it's related to that.

Gian, after you reported that you had the same issue with 4.x I installed 1.1 on ESX5 without any problem and then installed in of vmware fusion without any problem.

How much disk space was allocated in your installation?

I got it working fine after re-downloading the .iso file. The file i downloaded previously might've been corrupt. But it is working for me now. Not sure how to close the thread but again i was successful by just re-downloading the installation file.

Thanks to all who responded.