cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.2 vm cli admin password recovery

raun.williams
Level 3
Level 3

I'm having trouble getting this to work.   I was under the impression by mounting the ISO (connect at power on) i could perform the password recovery like it states for the hardware appliance.  However, if i mount the 1.2.0.899 iso image (connect at power) I don't seen to get any options in my vm console?  At most, I have a <enter> at the very beginning that will take me to Grub or ADE boot menu...  but I don't see anything about options to change the password?  

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It sounds like the VM is booting straight into the disk.

You may need to also change the VM boot options by interrupting the boot and going into the VM BIOS settings and letting it know to put the mounted virtual DVD drive as the priority boot option.

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are following the steps in the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/installation_guide/ise_ig/ise_postins.html#38674

Also, make sure that the VM Guest is set to boot from DVD/CD first before trying the HDD. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: