Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.3 webauth portal issue

Mady
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Team,

Kindly help me on this issue. We have two DNS server for local and external lookup.

The DNS set on our ISE is the local only. When our guest connect to wifi and they acquired the external DNS ip, the webauth portal does not appear unless you type the ip of the ISE. How can I fix this. Do I need to create again an A-record to the second DNS server to resolve our ISE and add it as a second DNS server on ISE via CLI?or is there any other way on ISE to got the portal working?

Thanks!

Mady

2 Replies 2

jwmolenaar
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco ISE itself should use your internal DNS otherwise AD might not work.

I assume that your guest portal have a public certificate to prevent  SSL error messages. The FQDN of your guestportal URL must be resolved by your guestusers DNS server. This might be your own DNS server or another internet DNS server. As long as your guestusers DNS returns the correct IP it should work.

There is no need to change or add additional DNS servers to ISE.

Hi jwmlenaar,

We found out that only apple and windows devices had this issue. When apple device connects to guest wifi it goes to ISE guest portal but it didn't show the username and password login. The url resolved to ISE hostname. For Windows, when it is your first time to connect it shows the website but it is untrusted. Hope you can advice what will I do next to isolate this issue.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Mady

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: