Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.0 Device administration, authentication compound conditions

Simen Ringstad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working on getting our ISE device administration working and have hit a snag.

I am trying to only let users of certain Active Directory groups authenticate. I have configured Authorization policies with AD-groups and it works fine. It's the Authentication part that I can't seem to get working.

I am not able to choose my AD from the Attribute dictionary when creating authentication conditions. When creating Authorization conditions I am able to choose it and it works fine.

When creating Authentication conditions I am not able to find the AD-groups. When creating the Device Admin policy set, under Authentication, I am able to choose AD, but not drill down to any groups, see image below.

The result is any AD user can authenticate. I only want specific user groups to be allowed to authenticate, not any valid AD account.

Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this issue?

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco ISE retrieves user or machine attributes from Active Directory for use in authorization policy rules. These attributes are mapped to Cisco ISE policies and determine the authorization level for a user or machine. Cisco ISE retrieves user and machine Active Directory attributes after successful authentication and can also retrieve attributes for an authorization that is independent of authentication. Unfortunately these cannot be used in ISE authentication policy.

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Thank you for your clarification, Jatin! Sounds like I have to come up with a new approach.