cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.0 upgrade issue - cannot access webpages.

vicnetnoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks

I have just upgraded our Cisco Identity Service Engines to version 2.0. The upgrade appeared to be error free and successful but I cannot get into the webpage of either ISE. I get the initial login screen but after that I get a blank page. I have checked all VM requirements and we are ok in that regard. Any one out there experienced anything like this?

10 Replies 10

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

Did you clear your browsers cache?

Hi Martin

Yes I have deleted the cache and it has made no difference.

muradhattar
Level 1
Level 1

I am aware of three types of admin accounts on Cisco ISE, one is local GUI, another is local CLI and AD accounts.

I had the same issue, it looks like not only the active directory integration is lost but also the LOCAL GUI ADMIN ACCOUNTS are gone from the config :

If someone can post a sanitized copy of the show run | b user I anticipate that we could recreate the GUI credentials from the command line if you still have access to it. the format of the command is slightly different.

This document below does not address this issue in particular:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/release_notes/ise20_rn.html

Admin User Unable to Access the ISE Login Page Post Upgrade

Hi Muradhattar

We ended up blowing that VM away and reloading an earlier snapshot using 1.3.

That's another possible solution. Never thought of that.

bduggerc6912
Level 1
Level 1

application reset-passwd ise admin

this command resets the gui pw.

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We had encountered the same issue few months back and discovered the VM was thin provisioned. As soon as we changed it back to thick provisioned, it worked fine. Cisco ISE supports both thick and thin provisioning. However, we recommend that you choose thick provisioning for better performance, especially for Monitoring nodes. If you choose thin provisioning, operations such as upgrade, backup and restore, and debug logging that require more disk space might be impacted during initial disk expansion.

HTH

~ Jatin

~Jatin

Thanks Jatin. If we decide to upgrade again I will check we are using fat provisioning.

Sounds Good !!

~Jatin

Do you have any information to support this? My understanding is since VMWare has increased it's block size and as disk speeds have increased, this is no longer an issue. we have our vm provisioned as thin with 600gb and our upgrades took 45m+ per node.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: