cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3 CLI-Admin User Authentication fails When Password conatins $ character

Hello Eveyone

I have a fresh installtion of Cisco ISE 2.3 and when I try to change the CLI-Admin user Password with a password that contain "$" character, It does accept the command but authentication dosn't Work.

Cisco-ISE-2.3-Bug.png

I have tried many different passowrd with or without the "$" and every time the password include "$" the authentication fails.

I even tried with multiple usernames same result...Sound like a new bug in Cisco ISE 2.3

BTW I have the same Complex Password that contains "$" running in Cisco ISE 1.4 and it is working fine.

Any Ideas

1 Reply 1

frank_wakelin
Level 1
Level 1

I too have experienced this and have had to do VM/ISO boot to do an admin password reset.  The bad thing about that is the password reset accepts the password with a $ sign, but of course once rebooted you still can not authenticate.  

So one of Cisco's flagship security products, can't handle having a complex password. :P

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: