Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3 Profiling + Email Authorize

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi my name is Ivan, I have a question,

I have a design work to use profiling in fact, to services wired and wireless. My customer told me this

If possible, please use the sponsor to approval.

For us profiling is like a white list of devices allowed to enter into the wired network.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Regards

2 Replies 2

RockstarWiFi
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure what your asking? “Profiling” is a service that “profiles” devices to validate the device is what it’s claiming to be. One of the things with 802.1X, it’s not supported by all supplicants ie printers, scanners, so we have to use MAB (MAC addrresses) to identify devices, however MAC address can be easily spoofed, so profiling gives us extra “checks” to ensure the device is what it’s supposed to be. For example does the device user-agent include Apple/Safari, does the DNS name include iPad, and if the Mac’s OUI says iPAD then all of that together gives better certainty the device is in-fact an Apple IPAD.

Can you explain what your trying to achieve, Sponsors are typically associated with Guest Users, so are you saying you want to ensure only certain devices is allowed on your Guest network?

profiling is more typical with Internal devices which will have Trusted access, but we do use profiling in Guest sometimes too for example ensuring XBOX, or PlayStations are denied or in some cases prioritized, lol. You can really use profiling in many scenarios so if you share what exactly the requirements are we can help.

hopefully this helps, traveling tried to get in a quick answer.

Hi,

Hello
I agree with you, but my client asks me the question if it is possible that profiling could send a noification email for the approval of the device that tries to enter the network.
The rule to outline an ipad (for example) is homogeneous for all computers, and if a provider arrives at the company with an ipad, their access can be authorized,

Regards Ivan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: