Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Guest Portal - DNS Issue - External Zone

rcianci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer that has the following sceanrio :

In a wireless deployment and a Cisco ISE 1.1.3 deployment with CWA, when the wireless guest receives the redictect  URL  from ISE (URL to access the ISE Guest Portal), this URL is based on  the  ISE DNS name, not on its IP address; so, the PC can't resolve  this via DNS name since there is no DNS in the External zone (for guets) or by using the ISP DNS servers addresses provided  by the  DHCP server, and, so, it can't access the Guest Portal at all ;

I know that in trying to manually code the IP address - this does not work (ie in the CWA Authorization profile, the equivalent URL redirect via the CISCO av-pair as follows :

cisco-av-pair=url-redirect=https://10.10.10.10:8443/guestportal/gateway?sessionId=sessionIdValue&action=cwa, )

since the sessionIdValue variable is not replaced by its real value when sent to the wireless client)

My question is : Has this issue been addressed in version Cisco ISE 1.2 - has anyone tried it if has been addressed? If not in Cisco 1.2 - does anyone know iof this feature will become available?

Thank-you in advance for your replies.

Robert C.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robert,

Manual assignment has been made available in ISE 1.2 release.

M.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robert,

Manual assignment has been made available in ISE 1.2 release.

M.

Thanks for the quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: