We've got a Cisco SNS-3415 with a blank SCSI hard drive. I've followed the Cisco guide on installing and configuring the 3415. I'm using the ise-18.104.22.168.x86_64 image. My problem is, when I've selected the boot option to carry out Cisco ISE Installation, the ISE gets around 2 minutes in and then throws up an error (image of error attached).
The server says its unable to detect the size of the hard disk and then cancels the install is stopped. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?
Try this and see how it goes.
- Reset BIOS values to default.
- Enable Onboard SCU storage
- Disable PXE boot. This is only required on the SNS-3415. This is required for SW RAID to coexist with the Broadcom NIC card. To disable PCI PXE boot, browse to 'Advanced > LOM and PCI Slots Configuration'
- Reboot the server and Configure RAID
- Enter BIOS again to set the boot order
We had the same issue with SNC 3415, We have got this server as RMA and RAID was not configured and also not showing the HDD.
To disable PCI PXE boot, browse to 'Advanced > LOM and PCI Slots Configuration >All PCIe Slot option ROM > Disable
After we found the HDD and Configured the RAID and Boot order mentioned on the Youtube Video.
Its very late to reply for the actual person who faced it but it might help others:
try changing it from para virtual to LSI logical parallel
It worked for me