Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Licensing

vrrphsrp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this question, when the Cisco APEX Licenses are installed in a Cisco ISE? This kind of licensing can authenticate a wireless user?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You need the base license as well for authenticating the Wireless users.

It does not include Base services; a Base license is required to install the Apex license.

Here is the link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_13/b_ise_admin_guide_sample_chapter_0111.html

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Hi Aditya,

With these licenses Apex (L-ISE-APX-S-500) and Base (L-ISE-BSE-500). I could authenticate wireless clients and wired clients?

Hi,

May I know the version of the ISE you are running ?

Regards,

Aditya

Hi Aditya,

The version of Cisco Identity Services Engine is 2.0.

Basic authentication of both wired and wireless clients can be done with Base licenses alone.

Adding Plus licenses allows you to do Profiling, Device Registration Workflow, pxGrid and a few other things .

Apex licenses allow you to add Posture Assessment, integrate with MDM and use AnyConnect Apex client licenses as a source of information and vehicle for remediation of posture. 

Hi All,

So, I have the services of authentication and posture for my wireless clients and wired clients, using Base and Apex License?

Hi,

Yes with these licenses you can do authentication and posture for my wireless clients and wired clients.

Regards,

Aditya