Cisco ISE migration from 2.1 to 2.2

PATRICK ROCH
Level 1
Level 1

We presently have a distributed Cisco ISE infra

Node #1 PAN primary and MnT secondary

Node #2 PAN secondary and Mnt primary

Node #3 and #4 ARE psn

I am trying to do the upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 from the GUI.

At step 3 of the process, when a choose upgrade, I get the following error: 

No node is eligible to trigger upgrade.

Not sure if I miss something.

Pat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are a few bugs for ISE 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade via GUI. You may be hitting a symptom of one of them.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/release_notes/ise22_rn.html#pgfId-743310

I would recommend upgrade via CLI if thats possible. Also, recommended to move to 2.1 patch 3 before upgrade to 2.2.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are a few bugs for ISE 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade via GUI. You may be hitting a symptom of one of them.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/release_notes/ise22_rn.html#pgfId-743310

I would recommend upgrade via CLI if thats possible. Also, recommended to move to 2.1 patch 3 before upgrade to 2.2.

You have to select the nodes into a correct upgrade sequence. I believe the secondarys always go first

I know this has already be answered, but it might help the next person.  I received the same error because I failed to create an "Upgrade Sequence", which is also what Darek mentions. Select the servers you want to include in the sequence, and simply move them over with the arrow button.  Then click the upgrade button.  (It appears that you get that error when you try to upgrade with no servers in the list.)

See both attached screenshots.

Also, make sure download the upgrade bundle to the nodes first in step 2.

ISE upgrade-download bundle.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: