cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE rewrite

Richard Lucht
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to rewrite an identity mac address to parse out the - from xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx to a xxxxxxxxxxxx.  I am trying to use what an agency already built in AD to store MAC addresses instead of rebuilding and importing thousands of mac address.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to find what I needed, I was trying to authenticate devices on to the network that are plugged into a Juniper switch.  The agency in question uses a windows radius server to authenticate the devices through mac address in AD.  I was trying to setup ISE to authenticate them using their AD.  After some tinkering and testing I was able to set up a policy set that would authenticate.  Their usernames at first were coming over with dashes and I needed them removed.  I reworked my protocols used and was able to fix my own issue.  Thanks though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I just want to understand first what you're trying to achieve.
You want to rewrite the identity of mac address by removing dashes before sending it to AD for authentication?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I was able to find what I needed, I was trying to authenticate devices on to the network that are plugged into a Juniper switch.  The agency in question uses a windows radius server to authenticate the devices through mac address in AD.  I was trying to setup ISE to authenticate them using their AD.  After some tinkering and testing I was able to set up a policy set that would authenticate.  Their usernames at first were coming over with dashes and I needed them removed.  I reworked my protocols used and was able to fix my own issue.  Thanks though.

Ok good you find a way to solve your issue.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Similar problem i was able to find this old post, what have you changed in ISE to send MAC address without dashes to AD. If i setup my MAC as user in AD inlcuding dashes it works, once i remove dashes it does not work. Ideally we want to use it without dashes. Thoughts?