cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Self Registration with only E-Mail?

mmondeja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

We are planning a Guest Registration Solution using Cisco ISE 1.1 and Cisco WLC Flex 7500 with version 7.5

What we need is:

1. The guest user access to an wireless guest SSID, open browser, it will redirect to web-auth page.

2. The guest user should be redirected to the Self Registration Portal where he can input some information ( for examples : email, cell phone ,,, ) to create guest user account itself. (This can be done with ISE Self Registration Portal)

3. After that the Portal normally generate a random password, but we don´t want that. We need that only entering the info in the Self Registration Portal (e-mail, cellphone) the user should be able to login.

4. The user should be able to browse the web for about one hour (then it should be dissconected automatically).

5. User activity information ( user create, login/logout, expire time, user IP address ... ) should be log.

Can you guys help us with a solution? The more difficult part for us it's point 3 & 4.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

4. The user should be able to browse the web for about one hour (then it should be dissconected automatically).

This can be acheived using time profiles

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_guest_pol.html#wp1578035

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

5. User activity information ( user create, login/logout, expire time, user IP address ... ) should be log.

Session Trace for an Endpoint

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

You cannot achieve the 3rd scenario. User info , in case of self registration ,cannot be done over Email. However, guests can receive the credentials over Email/ sms from sponsor.

Hi, I don't want to receive the credentials via e-mail. What I want it's that after entering the personal info (e-mail, celphone), the user wouldn't need to enter again a username and password, just login after entering the info.

I'll put you in some context. This is a retail store that wants to give his customers Internet Access in-store. They don't want that the user need to enter a username and password everytime they login. Just entering the info in the Self Service Portal they should be able to login.

In this particular context of Self Service Portal entering password is must , I dont think guest can have login  with out  entering password

Dear Salodh You stated that Email cannot be done when self registration with Cisco ISE in 1.1. We are using 1.1.4. Do you know if it is possible in this release or will be available in 1.2 or any future releases?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Greetz Dirk Smit