cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE SSL/TLS Authentication Failures

Sukru Erdal
Level 1
Level 1

Domain Computer authentication (SSL/TLS not checked in computers) is being used in a network. Microsoft Windows 7 is the operating system of clients. In Cisco ISE SSL/TLS failure messages are noticed:

"PEAP failed SSL/TLS handshake because the client rejected the ISE local-certificate" Funny thing is no SSL/TLS is active in the network. How is this possible?

5 Replies 5

Actually I've already checked this post. However, the client computer is not configured to validate server certificate.

Can you post screenshots of the supplicant's configuration?

Stephen McBride
Level 1
Level 1

I have intermittently had this issue with ISE in most builds for the better part of a year or so. SOme days everyting is fine other days this occurs for hosts even when validate is not ticked. Tell me about the server certificate on the ISE policy node - is it a wildcard certificate?

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

what kind of Certificate ISE is using? self signed or 3rd party? I will suggest you to generate the ISE's Local certificate again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: