cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE y domain whit "_"

Carlos Ibarra
Level 1
Level 1

Mi cliente maneja un dominio con el caracter "_", pero al intentar configurarlo en el CIsco ISE 1.3, no me permite ingresar el mismo.
Existe alguna posiblidad o no soporta este caracter?  mi_dominio_prod.com

My client manages a domain with the character "_", but when trying to configure the Cisco ISE 1.3 does not allow me to enter it.
Is there any possibility or does not support this character? mi_dominio_prod.com

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carlos, what is the error message that you are getting? I just tried it in my lab and I am able to configure an AD integration with mi_dominio_prod.com as the domain. Of course I could not join my servers to that domain as it does not exist on my network but i was definitely able to add it and save it. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Yo necesito registrar 2 nodos para que queden como primario y secundario, pero el domain-name del cliente usa el guión bajo (_). Por lo que al momoento de colocar el FQDN no logra resolver el nombre en el DNS. 
Existe algo que pueda hacer. Dominio del cliente mi_dominio_prod.com

I need to register 2 nodes to remain as primary and secondary, but the domain-name client uses the underscore (_). So by placing the FQDN momoento not resolve the name in the DNS.
There anything I can do. Client domain mi_dominio_prod.com

Carlos Ibarra
Level 1
Level 1

Este es el mensaje que me arroja al hacer el cambio

This is the message:

ise1/admin(config)# ip domain-name dom_empresa_prod.cl
% unable to change domain name to dom_empresa_prod.cl
ise1/admin(config)# ip domain-name dom_prod.cl
% unable to change domain name to dom_prod.cl
ise1/admin(config)# ip domain-name domprod.cl
ise1/admin(config)# exit
ise1/admin# 

Oh this is for the CLI...I thought you were talking about the GUI. Unfortunately, underscores are not supported. Check out the Hardware Installation Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/installation_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide13.pdf

DNS domain nameCannot be an IP address. Valid characters include ASCII example.com characters, any numerals, the hyphen (-), and the period (.).example.com

Thank you for rating helpful posts!