Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR connecting to two AAA servers for authentication

jdesaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please see attached diagram.

In my network, there is a Cisco ISR that is co-managed by two different administrators. Each administrator's credentials are held on its own separate AAA server. 

Is there a way for the Cisco ISR to have an AAA authentication configuration to support this design? For example:

- when administrator #1 attempts an SSH session to the ISR, can the ISR validate his credentials to the AAA server "blue"?

- when administrator #2 attempts an SSH session to the ISR, can the ISR validate his credentials to the AAA server "red"?

I am not 100% sure if the Cisco ISR can support this and wanted to confirm - I have a feeling that as long as the first AAA server is functional and returning a response, the second AAA server will not be consulted for authentication.

Thank you,

Joel

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Best Approach - Make a 2 Groups in one AAA (Club AAA 2 in to 1 and make active standby)  and add the users in the Group.

Other Options :

AAA Server can send the request to other AAA Server act as a proxy. (this required bit tweaking in config and more complicated than expected)

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: