cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure ACS 5.3 - Alarm Notification.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

Hello.

We are using version 5.3 with patch 5. Incremental and full backup are configured but every day we receive an alarm notification.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andrea

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you mention local repository what are you referring to...the disk on the ACS? If you are pushing these incremental backups to a different repository without moving the first full backup, all incremental backups, the catalog.xml and the repolock.cfg file. The reason is that when an incremental backup is initiated the ACS needs to scan the repolock file to see if there is another process that has locked that file, it also writes to the catalog.xml file too in order to find alist or what backups it needs to restore in case you need to ever restore the data.

With that said, please delete all the files on your new repository, delete the backup configuration and reboot the ACS. Then initiate a full backup and then reconfigure the incremental backups that you did the first time.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What repository are you using? If you are using sftp, there is a new option that you have to add in addition to the credentials. Also what time is the backup for your ACS configuration scheduled for, if it is at the same time please change it and monitor.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/release/notes/acs_53_rn.html#wp190802

If the backups are successful one way to fix this issue, is to remove the backup configuration, reboot the ACS, and then reenter the configuration like you had it.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hello Tarik and many thanks.

Backup runs successfully but we continue to receive alert.

We are using a local repository. This morning I have configured two different repositories, one for ACS and one for View, and scheduled backup at different time.

Regards.

Andrea

When you mention local repository what are you referring to...the disk on the ACS? If you are pushing these incremental backups to a different repository without moving the first full backup, all incremental backups, the catalog.xml and the repolock.cfg file. The reason is that when an incremental backup is initiated the ACS needs to scan the repolock file to see if there is another process that has locked that file, it also writes to the catalog.xml file too in order to find alist or what backups it needs to restore in case you need to ever restore the data.

With that said, please delete all the files on your new repository, delete the backup configuration and reboot the ACS. Then initiate a full backup and then reconfigure the incremental backups that you did the first time.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Yes Tarik we are using the disk. New repositories are empty.

I'm going to apply your suggestions.

Thanks.

Andrea

Sure and please delete the files off the disk as well.

Tarik Admani

Goodmorning Tarik.

With this new settings all works fine!

Thanks.

Andrea

Hi Tarik,

We are running into a similar issue as above and the Incremental backup and full view backup is going to two different repositories - localdisk repository for the Incremental backup and FTP repository for the Full view backup.

I have confirmed the following times for the backup:

Scheduled backup  - Daily at 3 and weekly (Sunday 18:00) (Configuration)

Incremental backup 02 am Daily (Monitoring section)

Full view backup 05 am Monthly (Monitoring section)

Also purge is enabled pointing to the local disk repository for a max of 6 months.

Now i can try a couple of things here:

1. make the repositories for the full view and incremental the same (to the local disk or ftp to the remote disk) and test

2. As you have mentioned above,

delete all the files on your new repository, delete the backup  configuration and reboot the ACS. Then initiate a full backup and then  reconfigure the incremental backups that you did the first time."

I am just wondering how to accomplish this..i mean to delete all files in teh repository and delete the backup configs..

Can you please explain.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: