cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cli admin for ise nodes

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

How many CLI admins can be created for cisco ISE node?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That isnt documented but dont see there being a limit. However you can point the admin access to AD now in the latest ise release. You can map the AD groups to a specific role within the predefined configuration of ISE.

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

Kashish,

Yes you can create another administrator account and even remove the one you created if you wish, the command is user password plain role admin...the syntax may not be exact but you can use the shortcuts in case I am off.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That isnt documented but dont see there being a limit. However you can point the admin access to AD now in the latest ise release. You can map the AD groups to a specific role within the predefined configuration of ISE.

thanks,

Tarik Admani

Thanks Tarik.

So can this CLI admin user be created using CLI or GUI.

We already have an "admin" user for CLI access to ISE box. We want to create another user, say "administrator" will full admin access to ISE box. Can this be done through CLI/GUI?

Thanks.

Kashish,

Yes you can create another administrator account and even remove the one you created if you wish, the command is user password plain role admin...the syntax may not be exact but you can use the shortcuts in case I am off.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi Tarik,

Could you tell me which ISE version has the support of integrating AD?

For GUI admin access, it was 1.1 -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/release_notes/ise1.1_rn.html#wp237634

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: