cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Configuration guide for AAA (on ASA) and benefits of Cisco Context Directory Agent (CDA)

Hello,

I would like to configure and test AAA on a Cisco ASA (e.g. 5505 or 5510). 
1. Are there any further tools or server needed to use this feature? And do you have good configuration guides?

I have already tested a Cisco CDA. It was able to show the active directory users and their equivalent IP address.
2. Do you have a short explaination what kind of possibilities I have with this server/tool? Is it maybe usable for the mentioned AAA on the ASA?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

1. Yes you need a Radius

1. Yes you need a Radius server like Windows NPS or TACACS server like Cisco ACS/ISE.

2. CDA it's just a man in the middle, you will still need an AAA server: radius or tacacs (see no1).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

1. Yes you need a Radius

1. Yes you need a Radius server like Windows NPS or TACACS server like Cisco ACS/ISE.

2. CDA it's just a man in the middle, you will still need an AAA server: radius or tacacs (see no1).

View solution in original post