cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Tacacs+ using CiscoSecure ACS 4.2 on Windows

Ummer_Ishtiaq
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CiscoSecure ACS 4.2 on Windows.

Can anyone help me setting up the server for Tacacs+.

I am new to Tacacs+.

I have to deploy Tacacs+ on almost 50 switches.

18 Replies 18

Hi ,

I maked 4.2 to work.

Now regarding 5.5 i will put in on VMware , can i have two machines , some HA replication with same license  ?

One active , one standby , some database replication on day base level ? or similar ?

Can i use same license ?

I bought from Cisco :

CSACS-5.5-VM-UP-K9

CSACS-5-BASE-LIC
L-CSACS-5-LRG-LIC=

KR

Did you create username and password under 

ACS> Users

Minakshi

rob.lemaster
Level 1
Level 1

ACS 4.2 is old.. End of life and end of support. Maybe an installation CD fell into your lap and are giving it a shot.. If you are doing it for your CCSP, fine, but if you are deploying in a production network, you should buy ACS 5+ which runs on an appliance running CentOS. It's pretty good. The policy engine is much better, the interface is better, the system is more stable, etc. You will not be able to upgrade from 4.2 to 5+, so your better biting the bullet and starting with the system that is currently supported.

If you are trying to run tacacs on windows, there is a free version from tacacs.net. Very easy to configure and I would suggest to give a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: