cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRITICAL ISE COMMAND PREVENTING DT IMAGING SOFTWARE FROM RUNNING

jcarrabine1
Level 1
Level 1

We use an imaging solution called FOG. It is an open source software. Since I placed my switchports in dot1x FOG won't TFTP on boot anymore. I've tried everything I can think of. I have noticed that as soon as I remove the command MAB from my port configuration the TFTP takes off. This only happens on our 3750E switches. I have tried 12.2se55 and 15.0.2se4. Same thing on both sets of code.

Anyone?               

3 Replies 3

Leroy Plock
Level 1
Level 1

Is the problem with FOG only? Can you run successful pings while FOG is in fail state?

Is it possible a DACL is being applied to the interface when MAB authentication happens?

Run a show ip access-list int

It appears to be. If I remove the command MAB while the TFTP is trying to communicate it takes right off. I have put a port level ACL that permits all traffic and it does not work, and I don't think dACL's are applied that early in the boot process. Running a show auth sess int show no applied ACL's.

You can play with

dot1x timeout tx-period x

dot1x max-reauth-req x

spanning-tree portfast

commands.

You can rely on

• successful MAB
  • pre-auth ACL that permits TFTP (ip access-group in command on port)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: