cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Profiling Assigned to a new end device.

MANSOORQ123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team

I have a very basic question -  When a new end device connects (Printers or even a PC), what is the profiling result ISE assumes for it. before reading all the probes. is it "Unknown"

in authentication logs, profiling results are not visible, where i can check the profiling done for the end host.

I have various new printers set for DHCP and none of them taking the IP address, my rules are standard rules...

if (Wired_MAB) & (Profiled or unknown)  = Network Access, but is not getting hit and session hits the final rule.

Final Rue - Deny Access

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.Thanks

Ahad

1 Reply 1

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

First basic thing is to make sure that you have ISE Plus or greater licensing so you can do Profiling.

To answer your question, the Endpoint Profile will usually be blank if the device is not profiled, or "Unknown" if there is not enough data collected by various probes to identify it against the profiling policy database.

Can you post a screenshot of the authentication detail page that shows all of the RADIUS Steps logic and information about the device?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: