cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do ISE need to rejoin active directory after reboot / reload / hard reboot ?

Freemen
Level 1
Level 1

as per topic Do ISE need to rejoin active directory after reboot / reload / hard reboot ?

when i encounter issue when the ISE after reboot, the AD operational but got some error, Cisco TAC say.

"that is expected behaviour on the ISE. Whenever, the Active Directory loses connectivity with the ISE Node and disjoins, we must manually rejoin the Directory to the Node."

I very doubt the is correct, which that somehow is power maintanence or power shutdown at site, next morning, all user will unable to authenticate to ISE already.

anyone can advice if the statement is true?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From my personal experience:

I never had to rejoin a node after a reboot or a reset of the ISE nodes

Out of many ISE software version upgrades and patch installs, I had to manually re-join the nodes once (I believe upgrade documentation does state that manual rejoin might be required after upgrade) 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi, from my experience, yes sometimes I have had to rejoin a few (not all) ISE nodes to the AD domain.

Hi, from what I know is major upgrade required, which like 1.3 > 2.0 example.

i think if everytime reboot need rejoin then customer will not buy ISE already.

do you have any supporting document? the ISE TAC fail to provide

I've seen this on 2.1 after installing a patch, this did not happen on all nodes, just a couple.

From my personal experience:

I never had to rejoin a node after a reboot or a reset of the ISE nodes

Out of many ISE software version upgrades and patch installs, I had to manually re-join the nodes once (I believe upgrade documentation does state that manual rejoin might be required after upgrade) 

I agree with you, unless the release note mention, normal reboot should not cause the issue. 

I see if I can get a better Cisco TAC engineer to answer me 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: