cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EAP not working w/ACS appliance and 1200AP

jwalzer
Level 1
Level 1

We have a certificate server running on Windows and I was able to generate a certificate for the ACS with no problems. I configured the ACS for EAP-TLS auth. My XP Pro laptop has grabbed a certificate, but I cannot authenticate via my wireless card through an Aironet 1200.

I have Generic LDAP set up as the external database and the error I am getting under failed login attemps is:

External DB not operational

However, I know it's working because I am using TACACS through ACS and I am able to use my windows username to login to all the all the routers and switches with no problems.

I have searched high and lo on this error message and have found nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

What is the version you are using ? Does that also throw any error message ??

I figured out the problem - the certificate I was requestion had the CN name set to something different than my samaccountname. I change the CN name of my user account to match my user login and then I was able to request a certificate and finally start using EAP-TLS auth.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: