cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enabling AAA on IBM blade server switches

slug420
Level 1
Level 1

I am having some trouble getting users to be able to log in to the web gui for the cisco switches that are built in to the blade servers we bought. I have a feeling it is due to there being no enable login when you use the webgui but needing enable priveleges...

how am I supposed to set up the user in tacacs so (CSACS) so that they are able to log in to the web gui?

thanks in advance...

3 Replies 3

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

The document Configuring TACACS+, RADIUS, and Kerberos on Cisco Catalyst Switches explains the AAA server setup for authentication, authorization, and accounting.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk59/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094ea4.shtml

any ideas about this situation specifically? I have AAA working on all of our routers and switches (we manage them via CLI) and on these switches in the blade server, but we want users to be able to authenticate and use the GUI for these switches also.

I went into the groups the users in question belong to since the users are set under "Enable Options" to "Use Group Setting"

One user is a network engineer so his is set to "Max Privilege for any AAA Client (15)" but he still isnt able to log in via the web gui. Any ideas? Im not seeing anything in the "Failed Attempts" on the csacs server.

solved my problem

needed:

aaa authorization exec default group groupname

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: