cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Explorer

Error while migration Access Registrar 5.0 from Solaris to Linux

We have recently got the new version of ACS 5.0 and we tried to upgrade and migrate the configuration and database from a solaris to a linux platform (for performance reasons only). We followed the proceedure of backup/restore described below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/access_registrar/5.0/installation/guide/upgrade.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/access_registrar/5.0/user/guide/dbbackup.html

When we execute the "$INSTALL/bin/keybuild mcddb" command in the Linux Platform, after a while we get the following error:

file size limit exceeded and the database rebuild stops. Note that this command runs as a root and no actual size limitations are applied to room.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Explorer

Re: Error while migration Access Registrar 5.0 from Solaris to L

In case someone is interested, I found an alternative to do the migration between different OS, using the mcdadmin command.

Although as Cisco says it shouldn't be used unless "guided" by the support.

To export

mcdadmin -e carconfig.txt

To import

mcdadmin -coi carconfig.txt

Also in CAR 5.0 I found a bug that caused me a few days of headache, in clients definition if you set the Ip address with slash (192.168.0.0/24) or range (192.168.0.1-254), then the aregcmd causes a segmentation fault and dump a core. The alternative is to set individual addresses or set a ip-address: 192.168.0.0 and netmask:255.255.255.0 filed. If you have recent backup you are lucky. If not...

Regards.