cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Expend ACS Appliance Features

Hello dear,

I have ACS appliance V5 where I am using it as a radius server with the ASA firewall for VPN Connection user’s authentication.

I am planning to use the same ACS Appliance as a AAA server using Tacacs for controlling (allowing/denying) network user admin access on the network Components (Routers, switches, Firewalls, etc)

So i end up ith two different users lists, one list of users as vpn users, another list of users as network administrators.

Firstly, is it feasible to do it? And do you think this will affect the performance of the appliance?

Does it have any relation with the number of users, or number of managed components?

Also I would like to ask if I can group the management of the ACS Appliance admin permissions onto groups.

Which means a group is only allowed to grant VPN Access for certain users, and another group has only the right to manage network admin user’s access for the different network components; without any collapsing or interference between the ACS Appliance Administrators permissions.

BR,

Everyone's tags (4)