cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

For those having EAP auth issue using the ACS appliance

jwalzer
Level 1
Level 1

Thought I'd pass along my config and resolution to an issue I was having concerning EAP-TLS auth on an ACS appliance.

We have two ACS Solution Engines (3.2.2) running and doing a database synch and using Generic LDAP as the external database. We did the certificate walk through for the ACS and then turned on EAP-TLS auth. We are trying to use EAP-TLS auth for wireless access through our AP1200s and Windows XP laptops, but we kept getting errors.

After digging for days I found out that when you request a certificate it pulls the CN name. Our CN name in Active Directory did not match our login name. I changed my CN name to match my login name and I was then able to grab a certificate and authenticate using EAP-TLS for our wireless.

I am in the process of upgrading our ACSes to ver 3.3.2 so that I can run the Remote Agent for Windows on a Windos 2003 server and then use the Windows database as the external database and not Generic LDAP.

I hope this helps someone!

Jeff

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

The document discusses the Extensible Authentication Protocol Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS) authentication protocol deployment in wireless networks.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/sqsw/sq/tech/acstl_wp.htm