Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest account creation in ISE

fashour
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am encountering an issue in which I find only when guest accounts are created by sponsor through the sponsor portal, guess access is granted. If I manually add guest account in the same guest role via the administrative UI, instead of guest access authz profile is hit, ISE goes through supplicant provisioning flow. I know that I do have enable self provisioning flow but why would it kick in for guest user created by admin? I see many bugs dealing with guest portal flows but failed in finding one exactly matching to my senario. Any insight is greatly appreciated. version 1.2.

Fadi

3 Replies 3

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3
You can create and manage guest user accounts  to provide temporary network access for guests. If you have numerous  guest user accounts whose account information is stored in an external  database, you can import this information to expedite the account  creation process.

Please Check the below guide for user’s creations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/sponsor_guide/ise_sponsor_chp2.html

I am familiar with adding/deleting/importing/etc.. users using sponsor page. My question was regarding adding a user to activatedguest identitiy group in the admin UI and have it behave exactly as if it is created by sponsor. Any idea?

ActivatedGues bypass the Guest portal and access the network by providing  credentials to the native supplicant on their device (such as with IEEE  802.1X (dot1x) authentication.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: