cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I use accounting status for authentication on ACS?

MasoodBanaie
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm using ACS 5.5 to authenticate dot1x users on my switches.

I have enabled accouting reports on my switches. I can see the accounting reports abut the net usages of every user on the monitring secton.

However, I was wondering if there is any option to use this accounting reports on authentication policies t limit the users' net usage?

I use the ACS for authenticating my hotspots and I haveno access on limiting the net usage there too.

If there is any solution, it wuld help me a lot.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Masood,

Please go through the following path that describes the reports available when you select Monitoring and Reports, launch Monitoring and Report Viewer, then select Monitoring and Reports > Reports > Catalog.

For more information about managing the reports in ACS 5.5, please go through the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-5/user/guide/acsuserguide/viewer_reporting.html#wp1121647

Dear Muhammad,

Thanks for your reply. However, I know about it. But, I wanna use the accounting info for limiting users. It needs a variable that needs to be available on access policies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: