cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure dhcp snooping or mac filter with windows dhcp server and cisco router

shafik.khan9
Level 1
Level 1

Using Cisco 800 router and using the DHCP windows server , and want to configure the mac filter that any static IP user cannot pass through the router or can get access for internet 

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Thank you for your suggestion, but here am looking like only mac filter  let me clear the scenario for you,

We are using Cisco 800 4g router with the Windows DHCP server ( Mac address Blocker @ Windows DHCP End), its working fine,  but now am facing issue with IP address conflict issue, because some staff using the or configuring the static IP in their mobile devices, over wifi , i try to block at the wifi AP level but there I can only block limited mac address, so now am looking, some solution that any network device which connects to my network without using the DHCP /assigning Ip address cannot access the internet  or connect my network 

Dear @hslai 

Thank you so much for your suggestion, but i don't want to configure anything in the router, at one site  we are using Aruba Access point, with the same scenario and there we are using DHCP enforcement in Aruba Wifi Access Point, which identifies the Mobile, and wifi device and IP which is not assigned by DHCP ( Or Static IP) 

This kind of solution am looking for 

The router is your access point in this case, I believe. Thus, that is where we would add the configuration.

adding to other post, have you looked at configuring aruba side :

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_73_Web_Help/Content/mas_guides/dhcp-snooping/Configuring_dhcp_snooping.htm

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dear @balaji.bandi 

thank you for your advice, in the current infrastructure we are not using aruba switches,  

we have cisco 4G router and the Windows DHCP server with mac filter, I don't want any device to configure the static IP and access my network,

the windows mac filter can bypass by using static Ip in the network device and that will allow the device to access my network, 

I just want to block any mac which has static Ip address, ( not assign/or reserved by the windows DHCP server ) to travel/access my network, and also dont want to allow or permit all mac at the router gateway level

I am not expert of Aruba. but high level equal to cisco it can configuration same it protect.

have a look and test it.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wired-Intelligent-Edge-Campus/What-is-DHCP-snooping-and-how-to-enable-it/ta-p/183034

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Please move to routing community as policy access handles issues with ise Anyconnect acs and segmentation using sgts