Helpful
Replies

how to import network devices on ISE 1.2

jiyoung Kim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, experts,

I'm trying to import network devices on ISE 1.2.0.899

so I downloaded the template and opened with notepad and wrote all the nessesarry information.

and I tried to upload to ISE, and it just said import failed. no reason..

does anyone know how to do it ?

14 Replies 14

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have the endpoint policy and group created?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

what is endpoint policy ?

I have created groups.

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry profiling policy, from there I have it create an endpoint group. But I leave the profiling policy disabled.

does it matter ??

I'm not profiling devices. but I just want to import network devices....from my laptop to ise

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Give it a shot, also what are the title od the columns? I think they are referring an endpoint policy I cant remember off the top of my head.

well, the switches are yet deployed..so.... thanks though.

also the columms are the same as when we register devices.

name, description, IP/MASK, device type, location, version, and so on..

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wow,

I completely missed this. I assumed you meant devices for profiling.

For adding network devices export one device as that should add all the mandatory fields and then create the rest.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

If you are looking for "how to add NAD in Cisco ISE 1.2" then please go through the below link. HTH

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_man_network_devices.html

muhammk2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please refer to the following links below which might help you in achieving your target:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/user_guide/ise_man_network_devices.html

BR,

jiyoung Kim
Level 1
Level 1

these are everyone know and I wouldn't even post here if procedure in the documents works

I did everything as the documents guide me, but it keep says fail.

so I just manually registered all..

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Importing Network Devices into Cisco ISE

You can import a list of device definitions into a Cisco ISE node using a comma-separated value (CSV) file. You must first update the imported template before you can import network devices into Cisco ISE. You cannot run an import of the same resource type at the same time. For example, you cannot concurrently import network devices from two different import files. You can download the CSV template from the Admin portal, enter your device definition details in the template, and save it as a CSV file, which you can then import this back in to Cisco ISE. While importing devices, you can create new records or update existing records. Cisco ISE displays the summary of the number of devices that are imported and also reports any errors that were found during the import process. When you import devices, you can also define whether you want Cisco ISE to overwrite the existing device definitions with the new definitions or stop the import process when Cisco ISE encounters the first error. You cannot import network devices in Cisco ISE, Release 1.2 that are exported in previous Cisco ISE, Releases 1.1 and 1.1.x as the import template for these releases are different.

Steps :

Step 1Choose Administration > Network Resources > Network Devices.

Step 2Click Import.

Step 3Click Browse to choose the CSV file from the system that is running the client browser.

Step 4Check the Overwrite Existing Data with New Data check box.

Step 5Check the Stop Import on First Error check box.

Step 6Click Import.

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi jiyoung

This import failed error might occur due to following reasons so please make sure that :

You are not running two import jobs of the same resource type at the same time. For example, you cannot concurrently run two import jobs to import network devices from two different import files.

More over please make sure that while configuring the network devices you are performing job from a super admin or network device admin group.

Best Regards:

Muhammad Munir

Hi, experts,

I'm trying to import network devices on ISE 1.2.0.899

so I downloaded the template and opened with notepad and wrote all the nessesarry information.

and I tried to upload to ISE, and it just said import failed. no reason..

does anyone know how to do it ?

kenrandrews
Level 1
Level 1

This is a little old, but I just had the same issue and thought I would share my fix. I found it be an issue with some of my IP addresses have a space before the mask. I imported one and got that to go through, then just imported sections at a time. When it failed I looked through to find the issue, for me it was always a space in the IP address field.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Please use the template format from below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-2/user_guide/ise_user_guide/ise_man_network_devices.html#pgfId-1218770

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: