cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to Increase Disk Size on Cisco ISE VM

Freemen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer which provision 500GB, size for ISE node, however after we check that the recommended size is 600GB, we increase it.

but can it simply change the disk size at vmware will increase?

below are the comparison before and after increase the disk size.

anyone know? or i must reimage and restore backup?

1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Filip Po
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

According to this document the answer is: If you increase the disk size of your virtual machine after initial installation, then you must perform a fresh installation of Cisco ISE on your virtual machine to properly detect and utilize the full disk allocation.

Filip

If you are satisfied, please mark as Helpful and Solved. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Filip Po
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

According to this document the answer is: If you increase the disk size of your virtual machine after initial installation, then you must perform a fresh installation of Cisco ISE on your virtual machine to properly detect and utilize the full disk allocation.

Filip

If you are satisfied, please mark as Helpful and Solved. 

Thank Filip

Hi,

This seems ok, but i have a question....

In my case, I've got an ISE 2.2 and i want to upgrade do 2.4, i need to expand my disks and I can install a 2.2 version on top of my actual server that is in production, will it erase my database or just utilize my full disk allocation.

No data will be retained, it will wipe out everything and only be accessible via the VMware console. You need to run the setup utility after, assign addressing, dns, ntp etc. You will then patch, install any certs (if required), and register it back to the deployment.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: