Views
Helpful
Replies

How to restrict user access to Exec shell in CSACS v5.1

gamorr50265
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

I am trying to give a user access to a single user mode command on a switch (show interfaces).  I want to deny him from entering Exec mode altogether.  The switch is configured as:

aaa authorization exec default group tacacs+ if-authenticated
aaa authorization commands 1 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated

In CSACS v5.1 the user's shell profile has a default privilege of 1 and a maximum privilege of 1.  His command set permits show interfaces and I explicity deny Show (no arguments) and Enable (no arguments).  In user mode everything works fine; the user can only execute Show Interfaces.  But, he is able to enter Enable to get to Exec mode, and when in exec mode he can enter any exec-level command (but user level commands are still restricted).

I thought just configuring his maximum privilege at 1 would have worked.  Can anyone help out?

Thanks!  Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Glenn,

You need to put this command

aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated

Else router will not check authorization from ACS. Commands that we issue in enable mode fall in priv 15, so that is why we need this command.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Glenn,

You need to put this command

aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated

Else router will not check authorization from ACS. Commands that we issue in enable mode fall in priv 15, so that is why we need this command.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts!

Jagdeep;

Thanks, that worked great!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: