Views
Helpful
Replies

Increasing Disk Space on VMware ISE

Manish Patel
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i would like to increase the disk space for Vmware based cisco ise to 600gb.

Increasing the raw disk space is fine on VMware, but how will the ISE or Linux OS modify the partition to recognise the extra disk space

thank                

5 Replies 5

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This will not work. The best thing to do is to take a backup of your ISE configuration on an ftp server and then rebuild the environment.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

And what will happen if you have it lincensed? Will you need to create a new license file? or the PID comes with the backup file?

regards,

You may need to build the new ACS instance and have the licenses rehosted. I cant remember if the serial number of the virtual machine is needed when licensing ACS. If the serial number isnt needed, then yes you should be able to restore the database on the new environment.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Refreshing an old thread, but I was faced with this recently.

If you're prepared to roll up your sleeves with Linux, I've figured out a procedure. In my case I couldn't rehost the license since it's an NFR version - and yes Tarik is correct a restore doesn't bring in the license.

Some instructions here.

http://communities.labminutes.com/security/ise-expanding-the-data-partition/

Hi, is now 2018 VM like ISE 2.3, 2.4 will support add disk space. 

or that is imposible to increase size unless play around with the merging stuff.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: